Why you should pursue M.P.H. at DMU
- Our 100% online coursework fits your busy schedule – you decide between full-time, part-time, or even take one course at a time.
- Advance your career – remain employed while completing your degree at DMU.
- A wise investment in your future with tuition rates you can afford.
- Affiliation with an academic health center-Des Moines University has over 100 years of history as an educational institution dedicated to the health sciences.
- Advance your career within public health or aid your transition into the field.
Public health professionals work to protect individuals, families, communities and countries from a wide range of health threats while promoting wellness. The M.P.H. program at DMU is designed for working professionals who want to enhance their knowledge and skills in this diverse and critical field.
What recent graduates say about M.P.H. at DMU
“The MPH program at DMU prepared me to:”
- 100% Analyze and apply research findings to public health problems.
- 93% Develop entry-level competencies in public health
- 93% Work with community groups to assess the health status of populations, identify problems, plan potential solutions, implement a plan and evaluate its success.
- 96% Use current technology to secure resources that support public health planning efforts.
- 93% Integrate populations-based and community-based medicine in clinical practice.
- 96% Serve as a community leader in devising cost-effective solutions to public health problems.
- 96% Engage in formulating policy to improve public health
More information about public health
- Council on Education for Public Health
- American Public Health Association
- Iowa Public Health Association
DMU is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The MPH program is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health.
Applications accepted throughout the year for enrollment each fall, spring and summer. Courses available for professional development as well. Interested in learning more about the master of public health program at DMU? Contact the M.P.H. admission office at 515.271.1538, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.