The mission of the Office of the Registrar is to provide quality service to students, staff, faculty, and alumni. We support the campus community by maintaining accurate and secure records, providing efficient curriculum management and academic scheduling services, verifying enrollment and degrees, generating accurate reports for regulatory compliance and data-driven decision making, and establishing and ensuring equitable application of academic and administrative policies. The department works collaboratively with campus constituents, endeavors to maintain best practices, and strives to effectively use technology to support and uphold Des Moines University’s mission, vision, and values.
Looking for the academic calendar?
- Degree and Enrollment Verification
- Petition to Graduate
- Name and Demographic(s) Change
- MHA/MPH Course Withdrawal
- V.A. Benefits Certification Request
- AAMC ERAS Fellowship Document Submission Proccess
- Letter of Recommendation
Within the guidelines set forth by FERPA (where applicable), registrar staff:
- Maintain current student addresses
- Respond to requests for deferment, transcripts, verification of education, secondary/replacement diplomas
- Assist with course registrations, new student orientation and commencement
- Maintain and archive student/graduate academic records
- Determine the academic calendar
- Oversee and coordinate room reservation and usage
- Participate in updating the University catalog and college/program handbooks
- Calculate enrollment data and report to state/federal agencies as requested (IPEDS, NSLC, AACOM)
- Determine daily lecture/lab/exam schedules for the College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Students who previously separated from a program prior to graduating may petition to be reinstated by completing a Reinstatement Petition Form.