The M.H.A. program was established in 1982 to support professionals who wish to enhance their career with a degree while remaining employed. Courses are designed to fit your schedule and concepts are immediately applicable to your career. Three-quarters of the degree requirement is offered online, while one-quarter of the coursework will be completed on our campus through the Executive Residencies. Earning an M.H.A at DMU allows students to further develop their understanding of the health care delivery system and their management and leadership skills.
The M.H.A curriculum was developed in an effort to more closely align our curriculum with the standards in education recommended by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME). Our curriculum features our blended course delivery, including our Executive Residencies. Current research from the U.S. Department of Education demonstrates that a hybrid of online and face-to-face learning produces the highest student outcomes. These workshops will add an essential component to educating current and future leaders in health care.
Top reasons to earn your M.H.A. at DMU
- A flexible degree format that fits your busy schedule, with online and on-campus courses
- A wise investment in your future, with tuition rates you can afford
- Affiliation with an academic health center-Des Moines University has over 100 years of history as an educational institution dedicated to the health sciences
- Executive Residency – build your scholarly and professional network with on-campus workshops
- Expand your career opportunities within health care or begin your transition into the health care community
More information about master of health care administration
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- American Association of Healthcare Administration Management
- Association of University Programs in Health Administration
DMU is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The MHA program is a member of the Association of University Programs in Health Administration.
Interested in learning more about the M.H.A. program at DMU? Contact the M.H.A. admission office at 800-240-2767, extension 1538, or e-mail email@example.com.