Clinical Education for Des Moines University students
Serving as an educator for DMU students is an exceptional calling that is invaluable in the training of future health care providers.
Benefits of serving as a DMU preceptor or clinical instructor include:
- Continuing education credit (profession-dependent)
- Eligibility for faculty development programs presented by DMU
- Opportunity to remain current on health care practices and theories
- An enjoyable and stimulating change of pace to your routine
- Sense of reward for training the next generation of health care professionals
- Optional adjunct faculty appointment
Thank you for playing a critical role in shaping both future colleagues and ensuring the high quality of health care.
Have a question? We'd love to help!
|Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.)||515-271-1419||COMAffiliations@dmu.edu||COM Preceptor Resources||CME Credit||N/A|
|Physician Assistant (P.A.)||515-271-1060||ClinicalAffairsPA@dmu.edu||Fill out the PA Preceptor Questionnaire||CME Credit||Preceptor Orientation Handbook|
|Physical Therapy (D.P.T.)||515-271-1739||DPTClinicalEducation@dmu.edu||Fill out the Clinical Partner Questionnaire | D.P.T. Clinical Instructors||N/A||Clinical Education Handbook|
|Podiatric Medicine (D.P.M.)||515-271-1489||CPMSClinicalAffairs@dmu.edu||CPMS Clinical Faculty Resources||N/A||Clinical Teaching Skills for Preceptors|
|Department of Public Health (D.P.H.)||firstname.lastname@example.org||Student Project Opportunity Submissions||N/A||N/A|