To improve lives in our global community by educating diverse groups of highly competent and compassionate health professionals.
Des Moines University will be:
- The leader in innovative health education that promotes lifelong learning
- A cultivator of distinctive faculty and student researchers who discover and disseminate new knowledge
- A leader and partner of choice in the delivery of services that enhance health, wellness, and education in our communities
- A policy consultant and catalyst in healthy community transformation
- Accountability: Taking responsibility for our actions and outcomes.
- Collaboration: Establishing cooperative relationships and innovative practices to enhance health education and care.
- Honesty: Demonstrating the highest standard of truthful and ethical behavior.
- Inclusiveness: Embracing a culture of diversity that accepts and respects the unique characteristics of each individual.
- Wellness: Committing to the well-being of the mind, body and spirit.