Applicants should apply online and submit all required materials to complete their file. All completed applications will be reviewed following each posted deadline, and new students are admitted each fall, spring and summer.
Individuals may also consider applying to enroll in select courses for professional development.
||Application Period Begins
||November 1, 2014
||February 1, 2015
||March 1, 2015
||March 1, 2015
||June 1, 2015
||July 1, 2015
Before applying please thoroughly review the admission requirements.
To begin your application for admission to the Master of Public Health program at DMU, please plan to submit the following:
|Online application and $60 application fee
|Personal statement to address each of the following:
- Career goals and how the DMU M.P.H. program will help you achieve your goals
- Past contributions to the field of public health (eg: service, leadership, research, volunteerism)
- Professional and personal strengths that will help you succeed in our program
- How you will deal with the expected challenges of graduate school
- What makes you a strong candidate for the M.P.H. program
|One letter of recommendation – preferably from an employer to address the following:
- Length and details regarding employment
- Qualities which make you a strong candidate for the M.P.H. program
- Future career goals
Letters may be uploaded directly to DMU at www.dmu.edu/letters.
|Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
GRE scores are required to be considered for admission, preferably scores which are no more than 5 years old. There is no GRE minimum score required for application. The Des Moines University GRE code is: 2256.
The GRE requirement will be waived for the following:
- Applicants who have earned a master’s degree or higher
- Applicants who can provide results from another graduate admission test, including GMAT, MCAT, DAT, LSAT.
Request official transcripts from all institutions where you have enrolled in undergraduate or graduate coursework (including community colleges, four-year colleges and universities, graduate schools, etc.) Credits appearing on another institution’s transcript as transfer credit are not considered complete – you must have official transcripts submitted from the original institution where coursework was completed.
If your degree was completed outside the U.S., please review additional requirements regarding International Students.
Start Your Online Application
Once all materials are received, the Admissions Office will confirm via email. The DMU-MPH Faculty meet following each admission deadline to review files completed for that term. Applicants will be notified of their admission decision within several weeks of the deadline. New students are admitted each fall, spring and summer.
Application materials may be submitted directly to DMU at:
DMU – MPH Admission
3200 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50312
Accommodations in Education Policy
The University complies with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act, the Iowa Civil Rights Act and other laws relating to the Accommodations of disabilities in its educational programming. View the Accommodations in Education Policy