The meditation room is located in the Student Education Center lower level room G34.
In order to promote physical, spiritual and emotional well-being, DMU is proud to offer a devoted space for engagement in meditative practices, prayer, reflection, and relaxation. Consistent with the mission of the University, the meditation room will be inclusive of all values and beliefs.
For questions regarding use of the meditation room, please contact: email@example.com
The benefits of relaxation, meditation, and prayer-based practices are well-documented, and the list of positive impacts they can create continues to grow. Some of these benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Improved immune system functioning; decreased susceptibility to illness
- Improved memory, learning, and decision-making
- Reduced symptoms of insomnia; improved sleep quantity/quality
- Increased positive mood; decreased anxiety and depressive symptoms
- Management of symptoms of physical illness and chronic health conditions (e.g., IBS, asthma, pain, high blood pressure)