DMU OTD Program Vision and Mission
To support the health, wellbeing, and occupational engagement of people, communities, and populations by preparing compassionate and competent leaders in occupational therapy.
We envision the DMU OTD program will be national leaders in occupational therapy education by engaging in scholarship, serving the local and global community, and creating therapists who are competent, collaborative, and innovative.
To fulfill its mission and advance toward its vision, the DMU OTD program seeks to prepare occupational therapists who value:
- Evidence-based and competent expertise in occupation;
- Reflection, collaboration, compassion, and professionalism;
- Inclusion, diversity, culturally responsiveness, and justice;
- Ethical and intentional decision making;
- Lifelong learning; and
- Holistic wellness, social responsibility, and health equity.