ITS provides technology services in support of DMU's academic, clinical and research needs. ITS also manages the administrative systems and executes the IT security strategy. ITS seeks to establish trust with customers through professionalism, honest and open dialogue, high-quality customer service, and a commitment to partnership and collaboration
Mission: To serve as DMU's trusted partner to deliver the technology services that enable DMU to provide excellence in education, patient care, and research.
Vision: To strengthen and transform the way DMU teaches, learns, practices, and works by delivering creative technology solutions.
Guiding Principles: The ITS Guiding Principles below expand upon the core values of Des Moines University (Accountability, Wellness, Collaboration, Inclusiveness and Honesty). These principles work to guide our decision-making and the way in which we operate as a department.
- Accountability: We serve the needs of the students, patients, faculty and staff of DMU.
- by allocating resources based on providing the greatest value and benefit for the DMU community.
- by assuming responsibility for ensuring alignment of IT and DMU strategy.
- by striving to develop solutions that meet customer expectations and deliver successful outcomes.
- Wellness: We value people.
- by supporting work-life balance.
- by creating a positive and collegial culture, developing relationships, honoring diversity of thought, and respecting individuals in our department.
- by encouraging opportunities to continuously develop IT knowledge and skills.
- Honesty: We build trust with our community.
- by being transparent in our decision-making and resource use.
- by partnering with our community to manage and care for the security, confidentiality, integrity and availability of data.
- Collaboration + Inclusiveness: We work across organizational structures to meet strategic goals.
- by actively and regularly seeking input from users to understand their needs.
- by sharing knowledge with each other and our community.
- by ensuring the decision-making process is inclusive.
- Innovation: We value innovation.
- by encouraging and supporting the use of technology to transform teaching, patient care, research, and business operations.
- by promoting a culture focused on finding creative solutions.
The Educational Technology Team is dedicated to supporting faculty and students in finding ways to effectively use technology to enhance teaching and learning both in and outside of the classroom. The team supports our educational applications and classroom technology. Visit the Educational Technology page for more details.
The Enterprise Applications Team is responsible for the support, implementation, integration, operation, and enhancement of DMU's enterprise applications. Systems supported include Colleague (Accounting and Student Administration), the Pulse portal, enterprise reporting and business intelligence, meeting room software, and more.
The ITS Help Desk provides a first point of contact for technology assistance to the Des Moines University community. Visit the Help Desk page for contact information and hours.
The Infrastructure Team is responsible for upkeep and management of the university wired and wireless network, servers, storage, backup and disaster recovery. They are also responsible for the university's information security program.
The Project Management Team coordinates technnology projects throughout DMU. Visit the Projects page for more information.