Des Moines University participates in the web-based Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) offered as a service of the Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA). Direct applications to DMU are not accepted. CASPA will open April 28, 2022, for the 2023 entering class. However, due to rolling admissions, it is to your advantage to apply earlier in the cycle.
If you are interested in applying to the program for the 2023-2024 academic year, click here for important updates.
Note: If you are an international student, please refer to our international student information pages.
- Review the requirements for admission.
- Submit your online application through CASPA as soon as possible. Applications are available on April 28, 2022, for the class that begins in June 2023. The application deadline is December 1, 2022.
- Submit all official transcripts to CASPA. Please include all colleges and universities attended. Transcripts must be from a regionally accredited college or university from within the United States.
- Send GRE scores to CASPA(DMU's code for CASPA is 0447).
- Submit all letters for recommendation to CASPA.
An interview is required for admission. Currently, the interview is a competency-based, holistic, asynchronous assessment. At this time there are no in-person interviews due to COVID-19 restrictions. Because of the rolling admissions schedule, those who apply early in the admissions cycle are more likely to be interviewed than those who apply later.
Please note: First-time entering students may apply to only one Des Moines University clinical program at a time (includes D.O., D.P.M., PA and D.P.T.). Multiple applications will not be accepted or processed.
Accommodations in Education Policy
The University complies with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act, the Iowa Civil Rights Act and other laws relating to the Accommodations of disabilities in its educational programming.