Dr. Rebecca Shaw with a 8-year-old patient in the Dominican Republic
Des Moines University has opportunities for students, faculty, and alumni to travel to communities in need of basic health care to provide medical services. Medical service trips take place once a year — usually during spring break — and are open to all students at the University.
This school year, two medical service trips will be offered in March 2016. A group of 20 students will travel to Dominican Republic through Timmy Global Health. Another group of 10 students will travel to Kentucky.
Medical service trips are open to students from all programs, both Global Health Student Club (GHSC) members and non-members. Though a plus, Spanish is not a requirement.
- March 12-19, 2016 – Medical service trip dates
- September 3 – Email applications to Chris Catrenich in the Global Health office by 4 p.m.
- September 14 – Interviews begin
- Mid-October – First trip meeting and deposit due
- November – Second trip meeting and fundraising information
If you have any other questions please contact one of the GHSC service trip leaders: