A state-of-the-art, 25,000 square foot Wellness Center, located in the Student Education Center is open daily and features:
- A collegiate-sized basketball court
- An indoor jogging/walking track (12 laps per mile)
- Personal cardio viewing screens on all cardio equipment featuring 70 channels
- Cardio equipment including treadmills, elliptical trainers, stairmasters, stationary recumbent and upright bicycles
- Weight area including selectorized equipment and free weights
- Multi-purpose activity room
- Pick-up volleyball and basketball games
- Intramural sports program
- Men’s and women’s locker rooms with showers
- Nutrition teaching kitchen
Wellness Center hours
Effective April 7 Sunday hours will be 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Weekdays – 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday – 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Wellness opportunities offered on campus for DMU students
- Classes to promote weight management, such as Weight Watchers
- Fitness classes (most of which are free) including strength training, yoga, step & sculpt, indoor cycling, Body & Glide and kickboxing
- Body composition testing
- Individualized exercise programs
- Personal wellness consultations
- Individual Personal Wellness Profile (PWP) – an assessment tool which identifies personal health risks and provides strategies for reaching health and fitness goals
- Chair massages for a nominal fee
- Wellness Resource Library and a daily email group