Every summer Des Moines University hosts the Health Professions Advanced Summer Scholars (Health P.A.S.S.) program. Aimed at rising juniors and seniors from unrepresented populations in medicine and health care, including underrepresented minority, low-income and/or first generation college students, the program provides participants with a wonderful opportunity to experience the next phase of their education as health care professionals.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- Learn from lectures and presentations in osteopathic medicine, podiatric medicine, physical therapy, and physician assistant studies
- Enjoy hands-on experiences in state-of-the-art facilities
- Shadow doctors and other health care providers
- Prepare for medical/health professions school by participating in mock interviews
- Receive guidance from current DMU student mentors
Enrollment for this program is limited to 10 students and applicants must have a minimum cumulative college grade point average of 3.2.
The Summer Health P.A.S.S. program will take place June 9-29, 2018. Applications are due February 15, 2018, supporting materials must be received no later than March 1.
Apply now for this wonderful opportunity.