Kari Dyjak, M.H.A.’14

Kari Dyjak, M.H.A.'14
Kari Dyjak, M.H.A.’14

Kari Dyjak was a full-time biopharmaceutical representative and mother of two preschool children when she enrolled in DMU’s M.H.A. program in 2010. She did so for two big reasons, she said at the time: “The M.H.A. program, combined with my professional experience, will prepare me to deal with the integration of health care delivery systems, technological innovations, an increasingly complex regulatory environment and an increased focus on preventive care,” she stated. “The program is designed to support working professionals with a family….its flexibility will allow me to continue my education while being able to implement my knowledge and skills immediately.”

That indeed was her experience. In the spring of 2014, she completed her degree shortly after landing a position she loves, project manager working on systems initiatives with UnityPoint Health, Des Moines. As a student and president of DMU Health Leaders, she attended a networking event with the organization that allowed her to make key contacts there.

“Networking is an advantage of the M.H.A. program,” she says. “All the professors are experts in their own fields, and students can get to know health care leaders in the community. The program really lets you understand your strengths and talents as you learn about different areas of health care. I wouldn’t be where I am today without DMU.”