Alumni spotlight: Sean T. Grambart, D.P.M.’01

Sean Grambart
Sean T. Grambart, D.P.M.'01

Professional background

I have a degree in biomedical science from St. Cloud State University. After graduating with from DMU in 2001 I completed a surgical residency with the Northwest Podiatric Surgical residency program in Seattle, WA, and graduated in 2004. I completed an AO fellowship in Dresden, Germany, in 2003. I am a foot and ankle surgeon for a large multi-specialty group, Carle Physician Group in Champaign, IL, and a clinical instructor for the University of Illinois, School of Medicine. I am currently on the board of directors of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (ACFAS) and have served as committee chair for the Annual Scientific Conference for ACFAS the last two years. I am also involved with American Board of Podiatric Surgery.

Favorite part of my job

The exciting advances occurring within the field of foot and ankle surgery.

Why I stay involved with DMU

I received a great education from DMU which has allowed me many opportunities. The college represents itself well as many of its graduates are leaders both locally and nationally and also many graduates serve as speakers at many of the national conferences. I am proud of the education that I received from DMU and I will continue to support the college as I am able.

Advice to those just starting out in the profession

During your residency, take advantage of every learning opportunity. When you start your practice, don’t be surprised by how much you still need to learn. That is why it is called the practice of medicine.

Hobbies

Basketball, golf, wine, reading