University-wide student learning outcomes were developed in 2010 to describe the values or skills that should be demonstrated by all DMU graduates regardless of program. The outcomes identified were:
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the science of human health and well-being.
- Manifest dedication to the highest standards of professionalism.
- Value the human experience with sensitivity to individual and cultural differences.
- Display an ability to work collaboratively/interprofessionally.
- Demonstrate an understanding of research methodology and its relationship to critical thinking.