Federal student aid contacts
- U.S. Department of Education – Federal Student Aid
- US Department of Education -Federal Student Aid Loan consolidation information
- Direct Loan Consolidation
- Federal Student Aid Ombudsman
A resource for borrowers to use when other approaches to resolving federal student loan problems have failed. Borrowers should first attempt to resolved complaints by contacting the school, company, agency or office directly involved.
877-557-2575; Fax: 202-275-0549
- National Health Service Corps (NHSC)
NHSC Scholarship Program
- National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) Student Access
A resource for borrowers to view their loan history on-line.
- Indian Health Services
- Direct loans
- Direct Loan Servicers – Website
- Iowa College Student Aid Commission
603 E. 12th Street, 5th Floor
Des Moines, IA 50319
- Scholarship and loan repayment/forgiveness listing by state
- Air Force
Air Force Health Professional Scholarship Program
MSgt Dawn Roznos
MSgt Christian Arredondo
United States Air Force Health Professions
3906 Raynor Pkwy Suite 102
Bellevue, NE 68123
Army Health Professional Scholarship Program
SFC Bruce Stone
515-253-9637 or 877-886-5440
Navy Health Professional Scholarship Program
Lieutenant Richard Thatcher
- Iowa Concern
Designed to refer people to helpful resources such as legal, financial, finance, health care, stress crisis or disaster management and overcoming adversity.
- Iowa 211
A good website to search for information on all government programs.
- Iowa Department of Public Health
An Iowa website with information on public health programs available.
- Iowa Concern
Designed to refer people to helpful resources such as; legal, finance, health care, stress crisis, disaster management, and overcoming adversity.
- Child Care Assistance Program
A good website for child care assistance, phone # 866-448-4605
Food Stamps, Family Investment Program, Title 19, phone # 515-725-2600
- General Assistance Polk County
phone # 515-286-3434
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
phone # 515-281-0859
Women, Infants, and Children Assistance
phone # 515-697-6700 or 800-532-1579