All requests for transfer credit will be considered on an individual basis by the program director for prospective students or applicant. All request must also be approved by the DMU registrars office. No more than 12 credits will be transferred toward the master of public health (MPH) degree. Grades assigned to transfer credits will not be included in the calculation of a student’s grade point average (GPA) in the MPH program.
The following criteria must be submitted for prior earned course credit to be reviewed for transfer into the MPH program. Once courses are verified on your official transcripts, a decision will be made and the student/prospective student will be notified.
- Credit must have been earned through a regionally accredited institution.
- Only graduate-level courses taken within four (4) years of the date of acceptance to DMU will be considered. This requirement may be waived at the discretion of the academic advisor and program director. DMU may require additional supporting materials at their discretion.
- A minimum grade of B (3.0) is required for all transfer courses.
- A completed application for transfer credit must accompany each request.
- A course description and/or syllabus for each course from the specific term of your enrollment in the course maybe requested.
- Other documentation as requested by the academic advisor or program director.