Des Moines University participates in the web-based American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine Application Service (AACPMAS). Direct applications to DMU are not accepted. AACPMAS applications are made available each year in August. The current application deadline is June 30, 2023.
If you are an international student, please refer to our international student information pages.
- Review the requirements for admission.
- Submit your online application through AACPMAS and designate that DMU-CPMS should receive your application. Applications are available in August for the class that begins the following August. The current application deadline is June 30, 2022.
- Submit all official transcripts AACPMAS. Please include all colleges and universities attended. Transcripts must be from a regionally accredited college or regionally accredited university from within the United States.
- Submit official MCAT scores to AACPMAS.
- Submit your letters of recommendation through AACPMAS. Two letters of recommendation are required, including one from a DPM who can discuss your exposure to podiatric medicine, and one from a science professor, advisory committee, or academic advisor.
Your verified AACPMAS application will be reviewed within one week of receipt to determine if an interview invitation will be extended.
An interview is required for admission. Currently, the interview is a competency-based, holistic, asynchronous assessment. At this time, there are no in-person interviews due to COVID-19 restrictions. Because of the rolling admissions schedule, those who apply early in the admissions cycle are more likely to be interviewed than those who apply later.
Please note: First-time entering students may apply to only one Des Moines University clinical program at a time (includes D.O., D.P.M., PA and D.P.T.). Multiple applications will not be accepted or processed.
Accommodations in Education Policy
The University complies with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act, the Iowa Civil Rights Act and other laws relating to the Accommodations of disabilities in its educational programming.