DMU-CPMS participates in AACPMAS, the American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine Application Service. The application opens in August each year, and the deadline for applications is June 30. Due to rolling admissions, however, it is to your advantage to apply early in the cycle.
- Review the requirements for admission.
- Apply through the centralized application service: American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine Application Service. When applying through AACPMAS, designate that DMU-CPMS should receive your application.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to AACPMAS. Transcripts must be from a regionally accredited college or university from within the United States.
- Submit official MCAT scores to AACPMAS.
- Submit your letters of recommendation through AACPMAS. Two letters of recommendation are required, including one from a DPM who can discuss your exposure to podiatric medicine, and one from a science professor, advisory committee or academic advisor.
Your verified AACPMAS application will be reviewed within one week of receipt to determine if an interview invitation will be extended. Interview assessments are required for admission to the DPM program. Currently, the interview is a competency-based, holistic, asynchronous assessment. At this time, there are no in-person interviews due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Please note: First-time entering students may apply to only one Des Moines University clinical program at a time (includes D.O., D.P.M., PA and D.P.T.). Multiple applications will not be accepted or processed.
If you are an international student, please refer to our international student information pages.
Accommodations in Education Policy
The University complies with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act, the Iowa Civil Rights Act and other laws relating to the Accommodations of disabilities in its educational programming.