Applications are submitted online through the American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine Application Service. AACPMAS applications are made available each year in August. The annual application deadline is June 30.
- Review the requirements for admission.
- Submit your online application through AACPMAS and designate that DMU-CPMS should receive your application. Applications are available in August for the class that begins the following August. The annual application deadline is June 30.
- Submit all official transcripts AACPMAS. Please include all colleges and universities attended. Transcripts must be from a regionally accredited college or regionally accredited university from within the United States.
- Submit official MCAT scores to AACPMAS.
- Submit your letters of recommendation through AACPMAS. Two letters of recommendation are required, including one from a DPM who can discuss your exposure to podiatric medicine, and one from a science professor, advisory committee, or academic advisor.
Your verified AACPMAS application will be reviewed within one week of receipt to determine if an interview invitation will be extended.
An interview is required for admission. The interview is a competency-based, holistic, asynchronous assessment. Because of the rolling admissions schedule, those who apply early in the admissions cycle are more likely to be interviewed than those who apply later.
Please note: First-time entering students may apply to only one Des Moines University clinical program at a time (includes D.O., D.P.M., PA and D.P.T.). Multiple applications will not be accepted or processed.
Accommodations in Education Policy
The University complies with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act, the Iowa Civil Rights Act and other laws relating to the Accommodations of disabilities in its educational programming.