DMU-CPMS participates in AACPMAS, the American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine Application Service. The application opens in August each year, and the deadline for applications is June 30. Due to rolling admissions, however, it is to your advantage to apply early in the cycle.
- Review the requirements for admission.
- Apply through the centralized application service: American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine Application Service. When applying through AACPMAS, designate that DMU-CPMS should receive your application.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to AACPMAS.
- Submit official MCAT scores to AACPMAS. Only MCAT scores taken within three years of matriculation will be accepted.
- Submit your letters of recommendation through AACPMAS. Two letters of recommendation are required, including one from a DPM who can discuss your exposure to podiatric medicine, and one from a science professor, advisory committee or academic advisor.
Your file will not be considered complete or forwarded for review until the following are processed by the admissions office:
- Verified AACPMAS application
- Official MCAT scores submitted through AACPMAS
All complete files will be reviewed within two weeks of completion. Select candidates may be invited for an interview on campus.
Please note: First-time entering students may apply to only one Des Moines University clinical program at a time (includes D.O., D.P.M., PA and D.P.T.). Multiple applications will not be accepted or processed.
If you are an international student, please refer to our international student information pages.
Accommodations in Education Policy
The University complies with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act, the Iowa Civil Rights Act and other laws relating to the Accommodations of disabilities in its educational programming.