Virtual mini medical school
Tuesdays, Feb. 1 – March 1, 2022
Expand your medical knowledge without taking the MCAT!
5 nights x 5 topics
This five-session, Tuesday evening series explores interesting, relevant topics in an accessible style appropriate for all audiences, aged middle school and up. Classes run weekly beginning at 7p.m. from Feb. 1 – March 1 and are all online this year. They can be viewed right here during class time, or any time after! They will also be streamed on Facebook Live during class time.
March 1 at 7 p.m.
Everyone’s an Athlete, We All Play Differently: Let’s Keep You in the Game of Life with Physical Therapy and Sports Performance
- Feb. 1: COVID-19 Vaccine and Children: Where We Started/How It’s Going
Amy Shriver, M.D., Pediatrician and Assistant Professor of Specialty Medicine at DMU
- Feb. 8: Mental Health Part 1: The COVID-19 Pandemic and Psychosocial Health
Julia Van Liew, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Behavioral Medicine and Medical Humanities and Bioethics at DMU
- Feb. 15: Mental Health Part 2: Lifestyle Habits to Combat Depression
Adam Bertroche, D.O., Assistant Professor of Behavioral Medicine and Medical Humanities and Bioethics and Physician at the DMU Behavioral Health Clinic
- Feb. 22: Sweets and Your Feet: How Diabetes Affects the Lower Extremities
Allen Kempf, D.P.M., M.S., Assistant Professor, Doctor of Podiatric Medicine Program and Physician in the DMU Foot and Ankle Clinic
- Mar. 1: Everyone’s an Athlete, We All Play Differently: Let’s Keep You in the Game of Life with Physical Therapy and Sports Performance
Lauren Mach, P.T., D.P.T., ATC
There is no cost to attend this year. Registration is encouraged but not required. Click here to receive updates on the 2022 Mini Medical School schedule.
For questions please reach out to DMU's community and public affairs manager, Hanna.deGeest@dmu.edu.
Watch Past Sessions
Stay in the loop!
Sign up to receive updates on future Mini Med School sessions