Des Moines University’s Health Professions Advanced Summer Scholars (Health P.A.S.S.) program is an exciting opportunity for rising juniors and seniors who are interested in health care careers. Preference is given to applicants from unrepresented populations in medicine and health care, including under-represented minority, low-income and/or first-generation college students.
The 2019 Health P.A.S.S. program will take place June 8-28. Applications are due Feb. 15, 2019; supporting materials must be received no later than March 1.
Health P.A.S.S. gives students opportunities to
- Learn from lectures and presentations in osteopathic medicine, podiatric medicine, physical therapy and physician assistant studies
- Enjoy hands-on experiences in state-of-the-art facilities
- Shadow doctors and other health care providers
- Prepare to apply for medical/health professions school by participating in mock interviews
- Receive guidance from current DMU student mentors
DMU covers the cost of partipants’ meals while on campus and residence hall accommodations at nearby Drake University. Students enjoy fun, chaperoned activities on campus and around Iowa’s capital city on weekends. A travel stipend of up to $500 is provided as well.
Enrollment for this program is limited to 10 students. Applicants must have a minimum cumulative college grade point average of 3.2.
Apply now for this wonderful opportunity!