What are your passions?

Sorry I have been MIA these past few months, I am a slacking on that new year’s resolution to blog more!

Anyways on to my thoughts: I believe everyone has a passion. Something ingrained in their character and something that takes a huge part in shaping who they become. These passions bring out the best (and even the worst) in many of us and allow us to experience a joy that wells up within our soul and a heartache that can be devastating.

Most of us give our life fighting for, loving, giving, working and caring for these passions in hopes to improve, live out and experience whatever that passion is. I am not just talking about something you like to do but the thing that brings you life and rocks you at your core! For some this is raising a family, for others it’s becoming the best at something (sport, art, music, dance, etc.), for most of us at DMU it’s medicine, and the list goes on and on.

If you know me well at all you have probably heard me talk about this passion of mine so much you are sick of it! I have a passion to care for, love and serve the underserved. Those people looked over by society because it’s easier than actually doing something, those born into a life they don’t deserve, those surrounded by poverty and strife and those just plain lacking hope. Ever since I can remember I have had this passion and it seems to be growing by the minute. I am not sure how it will play out, how it will be used in my future or where I will end up but I know this passion of mine is not a coincidence and I hope it will be used to change the lives of others throughout the world (corny but so true)!

So with all that said, I can now get to the point of this entire blog. I recently found a video that depicts in picture the heartache I feel and the longing I have to love and serve children around the world who have never been given a chance. Sorry for the religious commentary if that’s not your thing but I promise this video will move something in you and is worth the watch. Warning: this video is sad and graphic.