Most people live a sedentary lifestyle, taking fewer than 5,000 steps a day. It only takes 10,000 steps a day to maintain good health. Take the first steps toward improving your health by taking the stairs!
Health benefits of stair climbing
- Longer life – Adds years to your life by decreasing the risk of cardiovascular disease and death.
- Lower cholesterol – Reduces cholesterol and maintains a good level of it in the body.
- Happier mood – Boosts your confidence and attitude.
- Reduced joint pain – Puts less pressure on joints than running or jogging and reduces the risk of osteoarthritis.
- More strength – Tones muscles through a total body workout.
- Increased aerobic capacity – Builds a healthier, more effective heart, lungs and and blood vessels.
- Better lifestyle – Improves stamina and energy, allowing you to lead an active and independent life.
The next time you’re waiting around for the elevator, make the healthy choice and head for the stairs. Climbing a few flights just once a day can lead to a loss of five pounds per year!