Dominic A. Formaro, D.O.’05

Dominic A. Formaro, D.O.'05
Dominic A. Formaro, D.O.’05

Formaro, a general surgeon with Skiff Medical Center in Newton, IA, was named a fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons (ACOS) during a ceremony on Nov. 15, 2013, at the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons’ annual clinical conference in Las Vegas.

The designation, FACOS, honors Formaro for his ongoing dedication to the practice of surgery, as well as his adherence to the professional and ethical standards as established by the profession and ACOS.

“It is recognition by the college for different things I do in my practice and in the community,” the Newton doctor said. “That includes experiences I’ve had, such as teaching residents, teaching at Des Moines University or teaching at different hospitals to prepare people for their trauma certifications. I’ve done some mission trips, including one to the West Indies where I served as surgeon for a small island for a few weeks.”

Skiff Medical Center administration lauded the designation.

“This confirms what we already know about Dr. Formaro – he is an extremely talented surgeon,” said Steve Long, Skiff CEO. “We are thrilled that Dr. Formaro chose Newton as his place of practice and as his home and are equally delighted that he has completed the rigorous board certification process and has been recognized by his peers in the field of general surgery as an exceptional surgeon.”

Formaro joined Skiff in July 2010. He completed his general surgery internship and residency at Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines.