Jerald J. Phipps, D.O.’88

Phipps joined the Ringgold County Hospital (RCH) in Mount Ayr, IA, as a family practice physician with the Mount Ayr Medical Clinic. He had practiced with The McFarland Clinic in Boone, IA, for 20 years. 

“Family practice is what I love,” said Dr. Phipps. “It’s great taking care of people of all ages. From when they’re babies to when they’re in nursing homes, every time of life brings its own challenges.” 

RCH’s modern facility was just one of the things that attracted Dr. Phipps to his new position. “I was ready for a change,” he explained. “And when I visited RCH, I was immediately taken with how welcoming and friendly everyone was. The hospital itself is gorgeous, and the people are wonderful. It’s really a perfect fit for me.”

When he’s not caring for patients, Dr. Phipps is an avid traveler who also enjoys hunting and fishing. An umpire and coach, he has spent many volunteer hours with little leagues as well as high school softball and baseball teams. He hopes to get involved with the Mount Ayr teams this spring and summer.