Des Moines University (DMU) desires to resolve student grievances, complaints, and concerns in an expeditious, fair, and amicable manner. Students who desire to resolve a grievance should follow the University’s student complaint and appeal procedures outlined in the Student Handbook. However, if an issue cannot be resolved internally, you may file a complaint with appropriate state agencies as identified below:

All Students

All students may contact the Iowa College Student Aid Commission with further questions about DMU’s authority to operate in Iowa and provide distance learning in other states and to file complaints regarding the University.

Iowa College Student Aid Commission
Online Student Complaint Form

DMU Accrediting Bodies
All students may also file a complaint with DMU accrediting bodies.
DMU program accreditation sites

Distance Learning Students

Distance learning students in other states also may file complaints within their home state. The student grievance contact information for individual states provides phone numbers, emails, or links to state education agencies.

List of State Agencies

Scroll to Top