Is it safe to get the flu shot and the covid shot at the same time?

The short answer is yes. About one month ago, the CDC put out several updates about the vaccination and included the research safety of getting more than one vaccine at the same time as the COVID shot.

Like many things in medicine, receiving multiple shots at one time is not a new practice.

Many childhood vaccines come in groups like the MMR shot, for example, and that includes measles, mumps, and rubella. The body does really well receiving multiple things. The reason why I love this question too is that this tells me that you are thinking about what’s healthiest for your body and considering getting the annual flu shot as we get into the colder months, it’s ever important to be vaccinated for the illnesses that you can while we have low flu rates last season, because of mask-wearing and staying at home, it is predicted that the flu will be present again this year, as we are becoming a more active society.

I got my flu shot two weeks ago and did great. Can’t wait to get my third COVID shot. Hope you’ll join me.

Disclaimer: This content is created for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.