Achoo, sniffle, sniffle

ragweedIf you are anywhere near my desk recently, that’s what you’ve been hearing. As long summer days turn into crisp fall nights, I know this dreaded season is upon me – fall allergy season.

I’m not the only one suffering though as over 35 million Americans will face frequent sneezes, itchy eyes, runny noses and sore throats this fall. Hay fever time is upon us.

Fall allergies are often triggered by ragweed pollen, which typically starts to bloom in mid-August and finishes wreaking havoc sometime in October. And although there’s no cure for ragweed allergies, symptoms can be relieved by following Everyday Health‘s few steps:

• Avoid the outdoors if possible between 5 a.m. and 10 a.m. when pollen counts are highest.
  • Remove your shoes at the door so you don’t trail pollen from room to room.
  • Keep windows in your car and home closed to lower exposure.
  • Be aware that pets can also transport pollen; wipe them down with a damp cloth when they come into the house.

So if you see me in the hallway looking like I just watched a Hallmark movie, don’t worry. It’s just my allergies!

Disclaimer: This content is created for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.