The second annual health fair will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the courtyard outside the Student Education Center, 3300 Grand Avenue. Kids can expect to conquer an obstacle course, play fun, new games and learn about healthy lifestyles. In all, 25 different activity stations will be available, including:
- Let’s Get Moving: Why exercise?
- Dribble with SURGE: Mascot of the Iowa Energy
- Dance Off: Learn new hip hop dance moves
- Monkey Around with MJ: Mascot from Monkey Joe’s
- Feeling Fruity? Truths about processed foods
- Why Medicine is Not Candy: Meet Katy the Kangaroo
- Lather Up: Sunscreen is key
- Vitamins: Why take ‘em?
- Put Your Left Foot In: Balance screens
- Rub-a-dub-dub: Give your teeth a scrub
“Living a healthy lifestyle is rewarding today as well as in the years to come. Our goal is to show kids how easy it is to make healthy choices and be physically active in a fun way,” said Meghan Wooster, D.O. student and event co-organizer. “We want to share the knowledge we have gained as medical students to reach out and improve the health and wellness of children in the Des Moines area.”
All families with grade school-aged children are invited to attend this free event. For more information, visit www.dmu.edu/event/mission-active-kids-health-fair or call 515-271-1374.