Des Moines University has opportunities for students, faculty, and alumni to travel to communities in need of basic health care to provide medical services. Medical service trips take place once a year – usually during spring break – and are open to all students at the university.
This school year, two medical service trips will be offered in March 2015. A group of 25 students will be traveling to Dominican Republic through Timmy Global Health. Another group of 10 students will be traveling to Biloxi, Mississippi. If you would like to join either group, please return the application and supporting documents to Chris Catrenich by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- September 4 – applications are due to Chris by 3:00 PM
- Interviews – September 22-26
- Participants should be selected by beginning of October
- Beginning of November (exact date T.B.D.) – First trip meeting and $250 deposit due
- December (exact date T.B.D.) – Second trip meeting and fundraising information