Once you have been notified that you are accepted into the post-professional D.P.T. program, you may register for courses at the start of the next registration period. Registration is completed and submitted online on Pulse. Early registration is encouraged because the class size may be limited.
You will receive email notification at your DMU email address regarding upcoming registration dates. These are sent 10-12 weeks in advance of the session, so check your email regularly.
Transfer credit application
All requests for transfer credit will be considered on an individual basis for program applicants or enrolled students. All requests must be submitted prior to or during the first academic term in which a student enrolls in coursework. All request must also be approved by the DMU Registrar’s office. No more than six (6) credits may be transferred toward a Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree. Grades assigned to transfer credits will not be included in the calculation of a student’s grade point average (GPA) in the PPDPT program.
The following criteria must be submitted for prior earned course credit to be reviewed for transfer into the PPDPT program. Once courses are verified on your official transcripts, a decision will be made and the student/prospective student will be notified.
- Credit must have been earned through a regionally accredited institution.
- Only graduate-level courses taken within five (5) years of the date of the request for transfer credit will be considered. This requirement may be waived at the discretion of the program director. DMU may require additional supporting materials at their discretion.
- A minimum grade of B (3.0) is required for all transfer courses. Official transcripts must be submitted to the PPDPT program.
- A completed application for transfer credit must accompany each request.
- A course description and syllabus for each course from the specific term of your enrollment in the course are required.
- Other documentation as requested by a course coordinator or program director.
- Students who have completed a physical therapy fellowship credentialed by the American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education (ABPTRFE) must submit official documentation of fellowship completion as well as any course materials to the PPDPT program for consideration of earned credit.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com.