Meaningful Use and the Billing Office
An essential part of a successful physician’s clinic is an efficient business office. In this lecture we will explore the many different roles and responsibilities found within a medical billing office. We will discuss the importance of accurate claim filing, claim reimbursement, and patient billing. We’ll also touch on the various billing office tasks completed daily and how they affect the clinic. Understanding each essential role within a medical clinic can often reveal and encourage a productive work environment and a pleasant experience for our patients and staff.
Carrie Burgett, Billing Specialist
Currently working as the billing office team lead at Chest, Infectious Diseases, and Critical Care Associates in Des Moines. She has vast work experience having held positions working in medical records, as well as a receptionist, cashier, and billing specialist
Continuing Education Credit
2 AAMA approved CEU – Subject Category: Administrative
- No charge for AAMA members
- $15 fee for non-AAMA members
- All cancellations/refund requests (minus a 25% administrative fee), must be received in writing at least seven (7) business days prior to the CME activity starting date.
- For cancellations received less than seven (7) business days prior to the activity starting date, a 50% administrative fee will apply.
- You may transfer your registration fee to a colleague if you contact the DMU CME office three (3) business days prior to the activity starting date.
- Individuals who fail to attend the activity (no-shows) will not be entitled to any refund. Forfeited fees may not be applied to subsequent activities.
Des Moines University (DMU) prohibits discrimination in employment, educational programs, and activities on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preference. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend DMU sponsored events. If you have questions/concerns, please contact the DMU CME office at 515-271-1596 or email@example.com.