“Low Back Pain: The Primary Care Doctors Scourge!”
Part of the DMU Clinic Grand Rounds.
To attend on-line, please use the following link, connect.dmu.edu/dmuclinicgrandrounds/. Additional information below.
All DMU faculty, staff, and students are invited to attend.
- Correlate patient history and physical findings to the care plan, examination, and subsequent actions.
- Identify and outline various medical opportunities that advance and improve clinical excellence of care.
- Present and exchange ideas from a multidisciplinary approach to patients, diagnoses, treatment and overall plan of care.
- Improve patient care provided by providers and staff through encouraging best practices
- Project common understanding among a broad range of specialties which enhance a positive group culture.
Continuing education credit
MD: Des Moines University is accredited by the Iowa Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Des Moines University designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
DO: Des Moines University and the AOA Council on Continuing Medical Education approve this program for a maximum of 1.0 hour of AOA Category 1-A CME credit.
Nursing: Des Moines University continuing education (provider #112) is approved by the Iowa Board of Nursing as an accredited provider. This program has been reviewed and approved for 1.2 continuing education contact hours.
Physical Therapists: The Iowa Board of Examiners for Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology and Audiology, and Recreational Therapy does not pre-approve continuing education; this course meets the State of Iowa criteria for continuing education in these professions.
Physician Assistants: The Iowa Board of Physician Assistants does not pre-approve continuing education; this course meets the State of Iowa criteria for continuing education in these professions.
Other: This live activity was designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Please follow the directions below to enter the meeting. You will need a computer with internet connection and speakers.
- This webcast will be using a Webcast presentation, meaning the presenter will control the slides you see on your computer monitor.
- Visit connect.dmu.edu/dmuclinicgrandrounds/ after 6:45 a.m.
- Select “Enter as a Guest” and type your first and last name.
- You will see a “welcome” announcement to the meeting. You will not be able to advance the slides as the presenter will be doing this.
- Do not enable the audio or camera in Adobe Connect. If you wish to speak with the presenters or have a question, please use the chat box.
- If you are unable to hear audio, please follow the instructions on the welcome screen.
- IMPORTANT – In the box titled attendance, enter the time you entered the meeting. Before you log-out, enter the time you left the meeting. This is required to receive CEU credit. An example is below.
Des Moines University (DMU) prohibits discrimination in employment, educational programs, and activities on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preference. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all DMU sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to participate in this activity, please contact DMU Continuing Medical Education at 515-271-1596 or email@example.com.