Disabilities Awareness Month includes volunteer service

For DMU podiatric student Billy Rutter, D.P.M.’16, the path to becoming a compassionate health professional means volunteering his time toward …

Exploring Post 141 Scrubs In

“How many of you went through the stations and thought ‘Oh my gosh, I want to be a surgeon’?” Josh …

Free lecture series focuses on staying fit

Des Moines University Clinic is kicking off the Power Hour Series, a four-part lecture series focusing on health and fitness, …

DMU student kicks off campaign for a good cause

As posted previously on the Dose of DMU blog, osteopathic medical student Melissa Deer is working hard to raise funds …

DMU students, faculty provide free screenings at Iowa’s African American Festival

Des Moines University students and faculty volunteered at the 16th annual I’ll Make Me a World in Iowa (IMMAWII) celebration …

Student seeks ‘Woman of the Year’ title for a good cause

Fourth-year osteopathic medical student Melissa Deer says many of the patients she’s interacted with have positively influenced her amid the …

Become a public health superhero at Mini Medical School

Discover your inner super hero and help change the world at Des Moines University’s Mini Medical School. Beginning February 4, …

DMU kids health fair promotes physical activity to fight obesity

Des Moines University is hosting the fourth annual Mission: Active health fair, a free event for kids, on Saturday, February …

DMU helps kids stay healthy

They say it takes a village to raise a child. On July 27, it took a village to help kids …

Is Des Moines “age-friendly”? Find out Dec. 10

In 2011, Des Moines became the third U.S. city (following Portland, OR, and New York City) to join the World …