Christopher Unrein, D.O.’88, FACOI, FACP, CMD, was recognized as a leader in osteopathic medical education at the annual conference of the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) held April 10-12 in Washington, DC. He received the Assembly of Osteopathic Graduate Medical Educators (AOGME) Collegium of Fellows Award for his long and meritorious service to the osteopathic profession and AOGME. Unrein is the chief academic officer at the Rocky Mountain Osteopathic Postdoctoral Training Institution and professor of internal medicine at the medical colleges of Rocky Vista University (RVU) and the University of Colorado. He also is a team physician leader at the Denver Hospice. His many leadership roles in organized medicine include past president of the Colorado Medical Society, the Colorado Society of Osteopathic Medicine and the Colorado Society of Internal Medicine. He continues to be involved in groups engaged in several medical research efforts, including serving as the RVU site principal investigator for a multi-center nationwide trial through the National Heart, Blood and Lung Institute called the Cardiovascular Inflammation Reeducation Trial.
- Get moving with Walk With Ease at DMU August 14, 2019
- Kudos for DMU Day at the Iowa State Fair August 13, 2019
- DMU Physician Assistant Program graduates ace certification exam August 7, 2019
- Is a vestibular disorder making your head spin? DMU Physical Therapy Clinic can help August 6, 2019
- Everything you need to know about poison ivy August 5, 2019