Elizabeth Williamson McMurtry, D.O.’02, FACEP, was elected to the National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners (NBOME) Board. A specialist in emergency medicine, she is assistant dean for clinical education and faculty development for Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences in Yakima, WA, where she is devoted to improving community-based education and enhancing the clinical learning experience. McMurtry has extensive experience precepting medical students and residents in community emergency departments, and she enjoys sharing successful models of education with community clinicians. Board-certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine and a fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians, she has supported medical students as a regional dean and adjunct clinical faculty member for PNWU at Walla Walla, WA, General Hospital. Her colleagues there nominated her as Physician of the Year in 2016 in honor of her commitment to excellence in patient care and education. A past recipient of the Excellence in Emergency Medicine Award given by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine, she has served on hospital committees in ambulatory care, disaster preparedness, pharmacy and therapeutics, quality assurance and on examination committees for NBOME COMLEX-USA and the Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Achievement Test. NBOME is an independent, non-governmental, nonprofit assessment organization that provides the means to assess competencies for osteopathic medicine and related health care professions.
- REUNION REFLECTIONS: William “Bill” & Donalie Benyak “Alumnus’ spouse to honor his memory at reunion” March 20, 2019
- REUNION REFLECTIONS: Martin Grubin “Medallion alumnus stays young at heart” March 13, 2019
- Boys reach for opportunities in science at DMU March 12, 2019
- DMU signs letter of intent to relocate its campus March 11, 2019
- REUNION REFLECTIONS: Anthony Korvas “Breaking barriers to a great career” March 6, 2019