This term is a combining of two Greek words meaning “to put together with an egg” and describes the construction of certain joints in the body. For example, your knee joint is a membrane lined cavity (synovial membrane, synovial cavity) filled with a fluid resembling egg white (synovial fluid) which serves as a lubricant. One potential cause of joint pain can be inflammation of the lining membrane, called synovitis.
- Get moving with Walk With Ease at DMU August 14, 2019
- Kudos for DMU Day at the Iowa State Fair August 13, 2019
- DMU Physician Assistant Program graduates ace certification exam August 7, 2019
- Is a vestibular disorder making your head spin? DMU Physical Therapy Clinic can help August 6, 2019
- Everything you need to know about poison ivy August 5, 2019