This term is a combining of two Greek words meaning “to put together with an egg” and describes the construction of certain joints in the body. For example, your knee joint is a membrane lined cavity (synovial membrane, synovial cavity) filled with a fluid resembling egg white (synovial fluid) which serves as a lubricant. One potential cause of joint pain can be inflammation of the lining membrane, called synovitis.
- 1,000+ aspiring health professionals to get “interprofessional” Feb. 22 February 20, 2019
- DMU earns 2019 Healthiest State award February 13, 2019
- Want a great career? Consider physician assistant February 5, 2019
- DMU’s wellness program vies for Healthiest State prize February 4, 2019
- Want to reduce your tuition debt by up to $100,000? February 1, 2019