Is fro-yo for you?

frozen-yogurtYou may have noticed a few frozen yogurt shops poppin’ up around town lately in the latest fro-yo craze. Maybe because it’s been so hot and all you can think about is enjoying something cold? It’s not like frozen yogurt is a new thing though. Many of us have fond TCBY memories from days of old, but within the last few years there has been a resurgence of sorts in the fro-yo business – specifically self-service shops.

Frozen yogurt can be a healthy treat if eaten in small portions without an overload of toppings. I know, it’s hard not to pile on the Oreo crumbles and gummy bears, I can attest to that, but your waistline will thank you for it.

Interested in checking out what all the buzz is about? Here is a list of fro-yo shops in the area:

TCBY – 10201 University Ave # A11 in Clive
Lemon Tree Frozen Yogurt – 1745 SE Delaware Ave, Suite #400 in Ankeny
Yo2Go – 3816 100th Street in Urbandale
Menchie’s – 4825 EP True Parkway in West Des Moines (COMING SOON)

2 responses to “Is fro-yo for you?

1. We visit Menchie’s quite a bit (there are a few locations open here in Cleveland). We get a little bit of yogurt, and top it with a lot of fruit. We avoid the cookie/gummy bear toppings.

1. I’m really looking forward to trying Menchie’s out as it is just down the street from where I live. I think if eaten in moderation and by limiting the cookie/candy toppings like you mentioned, it can be a pretty healthy snack option.