It’s been great…

April 12, 2011 —

I love DMU and have enjoyed my 5+ years here but tomorrow* is my last day here!

I’m off to a new challenge and I’m very excited. I’ll be the social media/PR manager for NatraTurf and I’m really excited about the opportunity. But I will, of course, miss all of you, my lovely readers and student bloggers.

In five years a lot has changed and grown. I’ve been involved in some pretty awesome projects and gotten to work with amazing faculty, staff and students.

I want to share a very special thank you to my friends and co-workers in the marketing & communications department. You are all so awesome. I’ve learned so much and had lots of fun over our years together. I will truly miss you!!

* You will see my name on blog posts over the next few weeks because I’ve stockpiled a few to help out my colleagues. Don’t get confused!

Courtney Tompkins has been part of the DMU marketing team since Nov. 2005 and loves promoting a school she believes in so thoroughly. Proud daughter and patient of DMU alumni, Courtney knows, first-hand, that Des Moines University is doing a world of good. A fan of all outdoor festivals, fruity drinks and nearly all edibles, she has a hard time narrowing down her list of favorite places to go and things to do but lists the Iowa State Fair as an all-time fave. She loves her 8-minute commute to DMU from Urbandale, a suburb of Des Moines. She and husband Tyler are owned by three large dogs, Tonka, Tucker and Tank.

• Barb Boose

Courtney will be greatly missed at DMU and especially by the marketing and communications team! We’re grateful for all her hard work and great contributions. And, CT, remember – Wednesday bucket list!

• Barb Boose