Friday recipe: breakfast fondue

Happy New Year’s Eve! Have fun & be careful tonight as you ring in 2011. In honor of what may be a long night that turns into a lazy morning with family or friends, today’s recipe is a fun breakfast idea.

Breakfast fondue – from mealtime.org

1 can (15 oz) sliced peaches in juice
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons whipped light cream cheese
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of cinnamon
12 whole-grain mini-pancakes, mini-waffles or French toast fingers, warm

Preparation:
Combine peaches, maple syrup, cream cheese, vanilla and cinnamon in a blender or food processor and purée on high until smooth. It’s okay if there are a few lumps of cream cheese showing; they will disappear when you cook the peach mixture in the next step.

Pour the mixture into a pot. Warm it over medium- high heat, stirring often, until the cream cheese melts and the sauce is bubbling around the edges. Serve in a big bowl surrounded by whole-grain pancakes, waffles or French toast fingers, or a combination, for dipping.

8 responses to “Friday recipe: breakfast fondue

1. Courtney – Like Matthew said, thanks for the recipe – in fact all the recipes.

I subscribed to the RSS for this blog and while all the categories are very informative, I was wondering if there was a way to subscribe just to the “Healthy Cooking” category. I would like to pull that feed into the health section we are prepping for our blog. We are doing safety, security and health sections and this category would be great for our readers.

I don’t see a “Contact” link here, but could have missed it. So I figured I should just ask here.

Thanks for all the great information,

Scott G. Becker

1. Thanks Courtney,

Now all I have to do is to figure out how to pull the feed into the health category of our blog. Keep up the good work and thanks for the link.

1. Thanks Courtney,