Friday recipe: Mediterranean tuna salad

If you’ve read many of my recipe posts, you know I’m a big fan of tuna. Tuna salad sandwiches and tuna casserole are two of my favorites. This tuna recipe is perfect for a hot day. It’s cold, light and refreshing. I’m having leftovers for lunch today! This is another recipe from EatingWell, part of a collection of no-cook recipes, perfect for hot summer days.

Mediterranean tuna antipasto salad

1 15- to 19-ounce can beans, such as chickpeas, black-eyed peas or kidney beans, rinsed
2 5- to 6-ounce cans water-packed chunk light tuna, drained and flaked
1 large red bell pepper, finely diced
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
4 teaspoons capers, rinsed
1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 cup lemon juice, divided
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 cups mixed salad greens

Directions

Combine beans, tuna, bell pepper, onion, parsley, capers, rosemary, 1/4 cup lemon juice and 2 tablespoons oil in a medium bowl. Season with pepper.

Combine the remaining 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 tablespoons oil and salt in a large bowl. Add salad greens; toss to coat.

Divide the greens among 4 plates. Top each with the tuna salad.

14 responses to “Friday recipe: Mediterranean tuna salad

1. Great way to start the week with such a recipe.Like you, i am also a big fan of tuna.Also love the other ingredients that have gone into the making.Easy to make this one.Will certainly try it out this weekend.

2. Thanks for this lovely dish on Tuna. I love different preparations of Tuna but this Tuna salad is quite new to me. This is the first time I came across any Tuna preparation in this blog as Iā€™m commenting for a short time. Thanks for the links to the older posts on Tuna.
    Bye.

3. Mediterranean tuna salad- I wonder if this name is given by you or someone else. Whatever it might be, the name is very attractive and the decoration too. It is a fact that Tuna is quite available in the Mediterranean region and so the name is relevant. This is a perfect lunchtime preparation in this summer. Bye.

4. This sounds yummy! I love tuna too. I include in lots of meals but my favourite is with salad and pasta.

I do a similar salad to yours but I use butter beans (instead of the beans you mentioned) and I also add pickled onions (finely chopped). I also love eating lots of bread with it or crackers šŸ™‚

5. This sounds yummy! I love tuna too. I include in lots of meals but my favourite is with salad and pasta.