Friday recipe: spinach-pasta toss

When it’s hot and humid out, I’m always on the lookout for quick and easy recipes that don’t involve turning on the oven. Usually that means grilling, but this pasta recipe only has 4 ingredients and is ready in less than 30 minutes. That’s my kind of summer dinner!

What do you cook most in the summer?

Spinach-Pasta Toss

1 can (14.5 oz) Italian style diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups multi-grain penne pasta, uncooked
1 cup water
1 pkg. (9 oz.) baby spinach leaves
1 cup shredded cheese

Directions:

1. Bring tomatoes, pasta and water to boil in large saucepan; stir. Cover; simmer on medium-low heat 10 min. Uncover; simmer 1 min. or until pasta is tender.
  2. Add half the spinach; simmer, covered, 2 min or until wilted. Stir. Repeat with remaining spinach.
  3. Serve topped with cheese.

6 responses to “Friday recipe: spinach-pasta toss

1. Wow Andrea,this is simply amazing!I am very much like you..always in the look out for easy to make recipes.Moreover i just love pasta..and this one has a tangy flavor also.All in all a great one to try out this weekend.Look forward to hearing from you soon again.Thanks a lot.

2. Oh this look just too good. I was on the atkins diet not too long ago and I craved my pasta everyday lol so I gave it up and just started eating less and exercising more. I love pasta way too much to give it up.

I’m going to fix this , this weekend. Thanks