For the fourth….

There is SO MUCH GOING ON. How to decide what plans to make? Here’s some fun ideas to add to your list:

Head to the ballpark to witness a citizenship ceremony, I-Cubs game & fireworks on Sunday, July 4.

Yankee Doodle Pops is a huge annual tradition in Des Moines. This year it’s on the 1st at about 6:30 p.m. with jazz, then the orchestra begins at 8:30 to kick off the fireworks! Find a spot of grass or bring a lawn chair. The fun happens on the capitol grounds.

The suburb I live in, Urbandale, does a weekend long celebration of the 4th and I know I’m biased but their parade is THE BEST. Check it out Saturday morning!

And of course there’s the huge annual 2-day music festival, 80-35.

From Friday through Sunday you can see some cool restored cars and hot rods down at the fairgrounds. It’s the annual GoodGuys show! Or maybe you’re a “kick back outdoors” type person on the holiday. In which case you should check out a state park!

Here’s more info & a more complete listing of when/where to catch fireworks!

4 responses to “For the fourth….

1. Thanks Courtney for providing the list of the forthcoming events.I love musical events so i am really looking forward to those events.I am sure all the events are gonna be fun and full of entertainment.Look forward to further updates from you.Please keep me posted.

2. The citizenship ceremony is undoubtedly the best occasion to celebrate on the fourth. This occasion is like a get-together for the whole community around your area. And above all enjoy the beautiful fireworks. Thanks for the information.

3. I think this occasion is like a get-together for the whole community around your area. And above all enjoy the beautiful fireworks. Thanks for the information and thanks for sharing with us.