Friday recipe: lemon chicken with broccoli

Chicken breasts are a staple in my kitchen and I’m always on the lookout for quick and easy recipes to make with them. I think I’ll serve brown rice with this Weight Watchers recipe and call it good!

What’s your favorite healthy chicken recipe?

Lemon chicken with broccoli
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp table salt, divided
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
12 oz uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
2 tsp olive oil
1 1/2 cup(s) fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
2 tsp minced garlic
2 1/2 cup(s) broccoli, small florets
2 tsp lemon zest, or more to taste
2 Tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice

Directions

• On a plate, combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper; add chicken and turn to coat. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes; remove to a plate.
  • Put 1 cup of broth and garlic in same skillet; bring to a boil over high heat, scrapping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Add broccoli; cover and cook 1 minute.
  • In a small cup, stir together remaining 1/2 cup of broth, 1/2 tablespoon of flour and 1/4 teaspoon of salt; add to skillet and bring to a simmer over low heat. Cover and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender and sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in chicken and lemon zest; heat through. Remove skillet from heat and stir in parsley and lemon juice; toss to coat. Yields about 1 cup per serving.

9 responses to “Friday recipe: lemon chicken with broccoli

1. This is an excellent recipe Andrea. It is similar to a recipe I make too, but I omit the chicken and use pasta. However, there is no reason why the chicken couldn’t be chopped in smaller bit size pieces and served right along with the broccoli and some pasta like farfalle (bow ties).