I love pad thai, but I’ve never made it myself. I think this recipe from Women’s Health looks pretty easy, and it’s cheaper than ordering delivery!
What’s your favorite thai food?
6 oz whole-wheat cappellini or angel-hair pasta (about 1/3 16 oz box)
1/2 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces (about 1 cup precooked)
1 tbsp fish sauce (or soy sauce)
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
2 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp red chili flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat and add remaining olive oil. Add chicken pieces and saute until just browned and no longer pink (about 4 minutes). Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk fish sauce, peanut butter, sugar, chili flakes, and 1 tablespoon water until smooth. Set aside.
- Crack eggs into pan and scramble until firm. Add in chicken and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta and peanut butter mixture to pan, tossing with chicken and eggs. Add chopped cilantro. Garnish with crushed peanuts, bean sprouts, or lime wedge if desired.