Music rocks! (ha ha)

It's Brett!
It's Brett!

I have an obsession with anything related to music: radio, Ipod, dancing, “American Idol” (whoot whoot), Pandora (if you don’t know what that is…you should find out cause it rocks), musicals, operas, etc. So back in November I was just itching to see a concert as I hadn’t been to one in quite some time. So I Googled for concerts in Des Moines hoping that anything would pique my interest. Not only did I find a concert that did but he is one of my MOST favorite artist ever….Brett Dennen.

Most of you probably don’t know who he is since he is a small artist, but you should go to Youtube right now and check out “ain’t no reason” or “she’s mine.” He has a pretty strange voice so you either love him or hate him…and lucky for me I LOVE HIM. So I bought tickets, went with friends and had a blast. It was such a good time and he was so good in concert.

Maybe even the best part of the night was finding a new band that I LOVE. I had no clue going into the concert who the opening band was and expected to just listen to some mediocre music.  But instead I was blown away by them and fell in love with the singer, Grace’s voice….awesome. They are Grace Potter and the Nocturnals (check them out too). So all in all I had a great night. YEAH to Des Moines for filling my music cravings.

2 responses to “Music rocks! (ha ha)

1. We both have the same obsession.Happy to hear that you found a concert not only worthwhile but had a blast too!good for you.Nope i haven’t heard either about Brett Dennen or Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.Will certainly look them up on Youtube and listen to their music.Look forward to more music related news from you.Thanks.