If there’s a healthy way to enjoy pizza I’m all for it. I can’t resist cheese, tomatoes and a crispy crust. What’s your favorite pizza topping? Here’s a great alternative to greasy carry out:
- 1 (14-ounce) Italian cheese-flavored pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tomatoes (about 1 ½ pounds), cut into ¼-inch slices
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Place pizza crust on a baking sheet. Brush crust with olive oil. Sprinkle with ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, leaving a ½-inch border around edge of crust. Arrange tomato slices over cheese, overlapping edges; top with garlic slices, ¼ cup cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is golden. Remove pizza to a cutting board, and top with fresh basil leaves. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 12 squares.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 squares).
POINTS value: 5
Per serving: Calories 256, Fat 8g (saturated fat 3.1g), Protein 11.8g, Carbohydrate 34.5g, Fiber 2g, Cholesterol 7mg, Iron 2.4mg, Sodium 617mg, Calcium 306mgSource: Weight Watchers: Five Star Recipes; page85