Make a statement with your plate?

October 26, 2009 —

adelPGplate

I love trying to figure out the shorthand in people’s custom license plates. (Yes, I hear your dork alert going off. Who cares; I’m a word nerd.) So I’ve enjoyed seeing some clever DMU-related plates. And if you’ve been creeped out by someone snapping a photo of your car, no worries, it was probably just me!

This top photo I took a few years ago when I interviewed one of our D.P.T. alumni. The bottom two I snapped in or near our DMU parking lot.

Do you have a clever plate? What’s it say?? Or do you have an idea of what’ll put on your plate after graduation?

prd to be a do imedic8 plate-alt

Courtney Tompkins has been part of the DMU marketing team since Nov. 2005 and loves promoting a school she believes in so thoroughly. Proud daughter and patient of DMU alumni, Courtney knows, first-hand, that Des Moines University is doing a world of good. A fan of all outdoor festivals, fruity drinks and nearly all edibles, she has a hard time narrowing down her list of favorite places to go and things to do but lists the Iowa State Fair as an all-time fave. She loves her 8-minute commute to DMU from Urbandale, a suburb of Des Moines. She and husband Tyler are owned by three large dogs, Tonka, Tucker and Tank.