Frantic…YES I AM!

October 15, 2009 —

Today is a special day for all of us third-year podiatry students. It is the day our clerkship applications open up and letters are being sent out to request a month for a clerkship of our choice. However, it’s not always our choice because many programs take only a few students so we worry about getting the program we want for the month that we want. It is an art to sort out the programs that makes sense to us and to our families. Then here we are waiting and waiting and waiting… making us even more anxious. I can hardly contain myself so I’ve cut down on my caffeine today since I’m am on edge in all the anticipation.

Now does this feeling ever end? I’ve been told by the wise ones “no, just wait until you apply for residency.” Oh have mercy.

Tea Nguyen is a dual degree D.P.M./M.P.H. student at DMU. She was born in Utah but raised in California and left the great state to be at one of the best podiatry school in the country.

She has aspirations in international medical service trips and hopes to hit several continents during this lifetime. Traveling is also on the top of her to-do list and she often reminisces about her prior travels to Italy, France and Greece. She also enjoys eating adventures with her boyfriend Paul and is a major food-snacker. It is not uncommon to find her lapsed in a food coma in the middle of her studies.