Fond memories of fall break

October 11, 2009 —

daley @ twinsVACATIONS ARE FABULOUS! Free time is not something I know much about since we started school.  However, the first week of September was our “fall break.” I’m pretty sure it wasn’t even fall yet but I won’t complain about time with friends and a week of minimal studying.

I spent the first part of the week visiting friends in Nebraska and sleeping in past 6 a.m…it was heaven.

To top the already fantastic week I was having…I headed up to Minneapolis and had a blast. Not only did I go with some of the best people ever but I stayed with the greatest family ever. A few of us from my class stayed at another classmate’s house. We just spent the weekend having fun but most importantly I went to my first TWINS game…whoot whoot!

Oh and probably one of my favorite parts of the entire weekend was finding a JanSport table. They had the biggest backpack I have ever seen. Now THAT is a backpack…what would people do if I showed up with that as my backpack? I think I could probably fit in there.

daleys backpackThe weekend was relaxing, hilarious and just downright fun. Good times had by all.

Reality struck on Monday as I came back to an 8 a.m pharmacology exam. Yeah for vacations, boo to exams! Oh well that’s what I signed up for right?

Daley Dodd was born and raised in the little ol’ town of Newton, IA. Growing up involved sports, dance, clubs and anything under the sun that could keep the family busy. This busy bee life flowed over into her college years at Northwest Missouri State University. She was a member of the Northwest Dance team, taught dance at a local studio, a member of Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority and involved in Campus Crusade for Christ (CCC). After college Daley journeyed on over to Europe and had the time of her life. While there she worked for CCC and got to experience new cultures, foods and people. After a year abroad her cravings for American food got the best of her and she came home. After living in Nebraska a year she decided to jump back on the school ship and came to DMU. She has loved her experience here so far and can’t wait for everything to come.
  • Tea

cool backpack!! perfect size for my laptop :P

• jennfier

hi im jennifer i was wondering how you got that bag because it looks really cool.